New CHS teacher practices what she teaches; raises own cattle

Zeynep Cildir, Reporter

Clements welcomes  Kacie Woods, who is the new FFA teacher this year. Woods recently graduated in December of 2016 and has Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Science from Texas A&M University. She has been active in agricultural organizations in college. She served as the President of the Texas Aggie CattleWomen and earned membership into the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. Recently, she taught in Industrial High School. Her strong knowledge and sophisticated background adds one more great teacher to Clements.

FFA is a group that many students don’t know about. It stands for “Future Farmers of America”, and helps students learn how to work with animals and about agriculture in general.

“Most people don’t know where food comes from,” said Woods.

It’s important for her to teach the next generation about agriculture. She doesn’t just teach it but but also uses other learning activities in class.

“More involved, more active, better they learn,” said Woods.

She has big heart for high school students and she chose this major in the first place because she grew up in agriculture. She grew up in Bryan, Texas where agriculture is a very common way of making a living.

Her passion also comes from her agriculture teacher who was encouraging to every student and made sure each had place. She wants to help kids to find their opportunities in FFA. She realizes how important this area of study is to the world.

“Everywhere you go, you’re going to see something from agriculture,” said Woods.

She wants to warn people about what’s going on in agriculture. She also encourages her students to spread what they have learned by social media. She also spreads information from agriculture from first hand by raising her own cows. She shares pictures of them on Facebook and Instagram.

Woods is teaching at Clements because she wanted to experience a new area. Her first day at Clements was great.

“Students are motivated, and welcoming. Staff and students are kind,” said Woods.