• Come out and support CHS Football the last time this year in their Navy v. White game on Fri 5/25!!

• Final Exam schedules are now available on the CHS website for all grades, including exemption information! Let's finish strong!!

• Congratulations to Jenny Zhang and Stephen Zhang for being 2018's Valedictorian and Salutatorian, respectively!! Great job for all your hard work throughout the years!!

The Round Up

Planning the perfect holiday party

Leila Stewart, Sports Editor

In the midst of post-Thanksgiving, Christmas is approaching… and approaching fast. This time of year may mean many different things depending on the person, but if you’re a party planner, you have more on your plate than just Thanksgiving leftovers.

Here are some tips, tricks, and inspiration for your next holiday house party.

First and foremost, ask yourself who will be attending this event. For example, for young children, you may want to set up an arts-and-crafts station, but for young adults perhaps a mock “Minute To Win It” game may be more appealing.

Around the holiday season, many people have busy schedules, so it’s important to take into consideration the guests you want to attend and what their schedules typically look like in order to solidify a date that seems most appropriate for the majority of people.

In short, your audience will be determining the course of your planning.

Once you have determined who you want to make this party appealing to, you can make your next big decision. What is the theme… and what is the budget? These themes can be based on winter, holiday movies, or even festive colors. Having an idea of what you want your party to look like will help determine what you need to purchase and how much money you are willing to spend.

Now that you have your guest list, date, and theme, make your party official and sent out invites! Try to match your invitations to your theme and send them out as soon as possible. An easy, free way to send out invitations is through email or text. Evite is a great way to do so.

Once you have invited your guests, make a to-do list and a grocery list. Your to-do list will be what errands you need to run and what plans you need to finalize. Your grocery list will simply be the stores you need to go to along with products you need to buy. This way, you can stay organized with current tasks and be able to look at the “big picture” tasks as well.

Pinterest, Martha Stewart’s website, All Recipes, and other websites are great places to look for inspiration. Even your local craft store will house tons of decorations and perhaps hold some interest and benefit for your party planning process.

When the big day arrives, remember to enjoy yourself. Try not to become too consumed in the stress of being the host. Live in the moment and appreciate the people there. After all, that’s what the holiday season is all about!