• Show your support and CHS Spirit from April 16th to April 19th for CHS Mental Health Week!!

• Don't forget: ACT Testing @ library, downstairs lecture hall, English classrooms, and downstairs science classrooms from 7AM – 3PM on April 14th! Good luck to everyone testing!!

• Congratulations to Jason Jezek for his golf teams’ clean sweep at the district tournament – varsity and JV!! They're headed to Regionals in 2 weeks!

• Shoutout to John Furlow and Nicole Kitagawa for their tennis teams’ district championships: freshmen boys, JV girls, JV boys, varsity girls, and varsity boys!!

• Come cheer on the First Colony Dream League this Saturday 4/14!!. Games are played at the First Colony Little League fields and they start at 9 AM and 10:30 AM!!

• Come out for the 10th anniversary of the Grant-A-Starr Fun Run on April 21, for a 8:00AM start!! It'll include a 5K and 1-mile Run/Walk!!

The Round Up

NHS kicks off winter carnival

Abby Gutierrez, Editor In Chief

“Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way.”

Holiday songs and winter fun is back in season as the National Honor Society organization puts on their annual winter carnival. The carnival will take place on Saturday, December 9th from 3:00pm to 5:00pm, and it will be held in the Clements Commons. The talk of the carnival festivities has aroused excitement amongst the student body as the program is hoping to attract students from school, community members, and special needs children to their event.

Many activity stations will be placed around the commons: ornament and snowflake decorating, sugar cookie decorating, coloring, bean bag toss, snow bowling, ring toss, and pin the decoration on the christmas tree. These game stations are organized by NHS member themselves and are open for anyone to play.

In addition to the games, there will also be plenty of food and holiday music for visitors to enjoy.

The NHS has put in a lot of effort into the preparation of this event, hoping to make this carnival  one to remember. All members are assigned to a committee to help organize the group as a whole and to make the carnival preparation move more efficiently.

“The members of NHS have been decorating every day after school and meeting with various committees working together for the dance,” said Kelli Claytor, Secretary of NHS.

The effort put into the entire preparation of the event also led to a series of changes and alterations of the carnival from the past year. With these changes, the NHS organization hopes to bring many smiles among the community.

“We changed some of the games for this year. Our goal is the same as last years, which is to give back to our community and host an event where special needs children can have a memorable experience,” said Anne Marquis, the President of NHS.