Haunted houses prepare for scare

Zehra Jaffari, Student Life Editor

BOO! Scare yourself this Halloween by visiting some of the most popular and spooky haunted houses in the Houston-area. With many different attractions and dates to attend, including Redrum, Phobia, and Screamworld, these hosts are ready to spook your scaredy pants out! With real life actors, props, and creepy crawlers, these famous haunted houses are ready for you to have the last visit of your lifetime. Starting this week until the first week of November, you can go experience these teeth-chattering, mind boggling, and adrenaline filled, killer locations.

Redrum, backwards for “Murder”, is hosting three new haunted houses this 2016 Halloween season including the “Cinegore”, “Twisted Circus 3D”, and the “Deadwood Asylum”. This year Redrum is using the “Cinegore”, the place in which Redrum was founded, as the newest haunted attraction. For those who are craving a powerful, adrenaline pumping scare, the “Cinegore” is a perfect death trap for you! The Deadwood Asylum is a facility that was created for the mentally ill filled with screams that penetrate throughout the halls and facility. The demonic and spooky atmosphere in the “Deadwood Asylum” is crazy enough to keep you awake at night! Be sure you visit those miserable patients! Bright colors and objects, made to hypnotize the weak, with mean and nasty clowns is exactly what the “Twisted Circus 3D” is created for. In the dark tents lay vicious animals, clowns, and entertainment that will make your nightmares come to life! Check out Redrum this Halloween for a eerie and bloodcurdling night!

Phobia Haunted Houses is hosting this year’s “Dawn of the Machine” and “The Genetic Nightmare” along with three linked attractions.  Located between 288 & I-45 S, Phobia Haunted Houses is selling tickets online and at their location for $15 per house and $30 for three attractions. To add on, this years “Dawn of the Machine” is technologically designed to “ultra-modern” the technology of this world by machines taking over the world. Experience the machines that might harm humanity and yourself for good, including creepy baby robots. “The Genetic Machine” was created after a disastrous mishap in a scientific experiment involving genetics totally gone wrong, producing a dangerous genetic machine! There is also three linked attraction events that Phobia is offering that will cover the price of all three! Make sure to stop by at Phobia Haunted Houses to experience the brutal landscapes of reality!

Spook up this Halloween with some of the most terrifying and horrendous haunted houses!