The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Victory Beyond the Field: Journey of Unity and Triumph in the JVA Soccer Season

Lipi Shah
The JVA soccer team won their final game of the season against Dulles High School on March 18.

The JVA soccer season ended with their last game on Monday, March 18 against Dulles High School. They secured a win with a score of 9-0. Throughout the season, players formed friendships, met new people, and learned plenty of new skills. 

Even after the season is over they do not stop their work. They practice and condition even during the off-season, including through school programs. 

“I’m going to attend the summer fitness camp the school hosts over the summer and I’m going to do personal training sessions,” sophomore center mid-player Yassine Moudoun said. 

The whole season was not just smooth sailing and victories. There were many issues the team had to overcome. Since soccer is a contact sport there were injuries that caused some players to not play. Even though they had these setbacks, they still came to a victory. 

“We did great, but we had a lot of issues with injuries and missing people,” Moudoun said. 

The boys felt what gave them the most motivation to play was help from their coaches. JV A Coach Thomas Boane said he always tries to get the players to play to the best of their ability and drive them to win.

“Coach Boane always gave us motivating talks before games,” sophomore left mid-player Cameron Hartman said. 

Boane noticed how after every game the boys would get closer and their games improved. They would break out with the word “family” to emphasize how much of a close team they are.  

“The chemistry between the boys made the team come together and try harder,” Boane said. “It really did feel like a family.”