Inside scoop on Clements tennis: Win, win win

Danny Coronado, Sports Editor

As everyone knows, Clements is very big on Tennis, in fact it is one of the sports with the most participants. Clements has had many students go to state and even succeed and win state. So far Clements has been doing an excellent job, and I had the privilege to speak to a great tennis player, Maddy Patino.

During this period of the season, Clements is working in teams so they are working together to reach great achievements for the Clements Tennis reputation. So far JV has only lost one game and that was to a great team in Seven Lakes, but they are still undefeated in district. Maddy Patino stated “ Every single person in tennis works hard, no matter if they’re better or not better than anybody else, they are always supporting each other”. Tennis practices mostly everyday during 7th period and after school to get better than what they are already.

Maddy Patino later described to me what tennis means to her and it was very amazing how a simple sport like tennis can mean so much to a person.  “I love tennis so much, it makes me very happy”, Maddy explained, “ It’s what I look forward to every day, sometimes it’s the only thing that gets me through the day”. Maddy is a sophomore and she has been in tennis both freshman and sophomore year and she dedicates all her time into the sport. Maddy doesn’t just love tennis because of the sport, she loves it because she says “ In tennis, you can be yourself because everyone in tennis a great big family and no one will judge you”.
Having a good coach in any sport is key to having a good attitude for the game, having a good attitude towards your teammates, and having a great amount of self confidence. I asked Maddy what her relationship with Coach Furlow was like and she described it as “ Coach Furlow is my favorite, oh my gosh I love him, I know that if I ever need help with something I can just talk to him whether it has to do with tennis or with just any life problem”. Maddy is a very talented tennis player, and she is very lucky to have a team like Clements does as well as she is lucky to have a wonderful coach like Mr. Furlow to motivate her. We wish the clements tennis team and Maddy Patino the best of luck during the 2016-2017 season