CHS Ranks 22 Overall for Area

50 for Academics in United States

CHS Ranks 22 Overall for Area

Students: 2,502

Academics grade: A+

Health and safety grade: B+

Student culture and diversity grade: A-

Teachers  grade: A

Resources and facility grade: B-

Clements ranks number 22 overall among the top public and private high schools in the Houston area, according to the review site Niche.  This same web site ranks Clements as number 50 for College Readiness in the entire United States.

Niche looked at the academics, administrations, facilities, student bodies and extracurricular activities at high schools throughout Texas to determine the top programs for 2016.

The Academics grade issued by Niche is the most important factor in the ranking, with a 50 percent weight. Health and safety, student culture and diversity, survey responses and teachers grades also play into a school’s ranking.  Niche ranks more than 100,000 public and private schools and districts based on dozens of statistics and 27 million opinions from 300,000 students and    parents.

According to the Niche website, “We believe that the quality of a school or district should be measured, at least in part, by the parents and students who actually go there. They should also be measured by hard data and across a number of key factors so that no one factor dominates a ranking. Most importantly, they should be measured by their results. The most unique thing about our rankings is that they incorporate student outcomes.”

Each school on the list has a profile with in-depth data containing reviews, test scores, grades, polls and educational outcomes including popular colleges and majors for graduates.  Niche also ranks colleges and universities.

Last year, US News & World Report awarded Clements a silver medal based on College Readiness Index 47.3, Mathematics Proficiency 3.4, English Proficiency 3.4, and Student-Teacher Ratio 20:1.