Freshman Tennis: A Loving Community

Freshman Tennis: A Loving Community

As the sun rises over the courts, casting a bright light on their ambitions, the members of the freshman tennis team are ready to train for their upcoming tryouts for the 2024-2025 season. In their world, every loss is a victory and every match is a chance to make an impact.

Throughout this semester, the freshman tennis team has been actively improving their skills for the tryouts this summer. This year, these young athletes have not just learned the skills necessary for a tennis player—they formed friendships, embraced challenges, and set the stage for many more years.

“My team is very supportive,” freshman Daniel Zhu said. “We always cheer each other on at games and motivate each other regardless of if we win.” 

The freshman tennis team is a close-knit community where players strive to uplift their teammates. The team’s kindness has drastically impacted the players, allowing teammates to develop various skills. Around four exceptional team members have won games in the Foster Invite, Grand Oaks Invite, and FBISD Invite.

“We have many exceptional team members in our team,” freshman Yash Desai said. 

“Tzak Lau, Daniel Zhu, Miles Rollart, and Mustafa Ahmed really light up the team with their sportsmanship and skill,” team member Julius Llacar said.

Additionally, the freshman tennis team practices every day of the school week to advance to JV and Varsity tennis next year.

“My supportive teammates have really helped me improve the quality of my serves,” freshman Olivia Hyunh said.

Members of the Freshman tennis team have acknowledged the kindness and supportiveness that holds the team together

“My team members really light up the team,” freshman Tzak Lau said. “We really are a loving community.”