The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Press Release for Arsenic and Old Lace

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Clements Theatre presents Joseph Kesselring’s ARSENIC AND OLD LACE.

Such an unsuspecting town, such sweet old ladies, or are they?

SUGAR LAND – October 19, 2023 – Clements Theatre’s Arsenic and Old Lace, presented in the Clements Theatre black box on November 9, 10, and 11 at 7:00pm (with a matinee performance at 2:00pm on November 11)  is all fun and games, EVEN when it comes to murder! Irony is on the menu in this farcical play, in which Clements Theatre does what Clements Theatre does best, bring the laughter into the house.

The Brewster family is a wealthy family of oddballs. Mortimer Brewster (Andy Wu, senior) is the wannabe highbrow, from Brooklyn, but he has his eye on bigger things, like Manhattan. He has two brothers, the delusional Teddy (Tyler Buckley, sophomore), who believes he is Teddy Roosevelt, and former neighborhood terror, Jonathan (Billy Fernandez, sophomore), who hasn’t been heard from in many years. The boys grew up under the tender care of their aunts, Abby (Madison Teverovsky, sophomore) and Martha (Elizabeth Pennell, sophomore), the sweetest old ladies in all of Brooklyn. But not is all it seems, and sinister secrets lie buried in the basement and are stashed away in the window seat.

CLEMENTS THEATRE AND OLD LACE

Arsenic and Old Lace got the full Clements Theatre treatment, with period-specific costumes, realistic hair and makeup work, and a detailed set that brings the Brewster house to life. This classic comedy has given the actors the opportunity to explore each aspect of farce, including verbal timing and slapstick. Rehearsals were filled to the brim with laughter, as will the black box when the actors share their discoveries with the audience. 

Follow the Clements Theatre company on all its social media platforms: troupe X [(formerly known as Twitter (@ClementsTheatre)], TikTok (@Troupe3689), Instagram (ClementsTheatre), YouTube (Clements Theatre) and Facebook (Clements Theatre). 

Arsenic and Old Lace will be presented on November 9, 10, and 11  at 7PM and November 11 at 2PM in the Black Box at William P. Clements High School. Tickets will start at $8 and $10 for adults and can be purchased online at clementstheatre.com.

Press Contact

Alyssa Serrano, Clements Theatre Company PR

281-515-2505

[email protected]