The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Art in Modern Society: Art is Accessible, Pewdiepie Proved It (Part 2)

This is part 2 of “Art in Modern Society” (link here): 

Previously, it was discussed how art is a form that uses many techniques and tricks to create new drawings and illustrations that reflect our minds and emotions. Getting into that may appear challenging, especially when talking about the rise of AI Art. 

Many find the art journey tediously pointless, however, with the help of AI it could make it easier for beginner artists to get into art. Along with a bit of motivation, practice, and studying, the skills of art will become easier. Pewdiepie proved it. 

Pewdiepie, a famous Swedish YouTuber, uploaded a video on Nov. 23, 2023, called, “Teaching myself to draw for no reason”, where he goes in-depth about his liking of art and the reason to why he wants to pursue it. This is a part of one of his many challenges where he learns a new skill every day. He starts out showing his art as a kid and his humble beginnings in the art field. As it goes on we see his skill develop and truly flourish. 

He later uploaded a video on Jan. 1, 2024, called “I drew for 100 days”, where he gives an update on his art skills. It is remarkable how his skills in drawing expanded past what he thought could be done. He accomplished this by putting his mind into learning and using references from mangas he has at home as well as other images he finds on the internet. 

But, how does this relate to AI? 

Well, one of these references that he is seen to be using is one that was made by AI. This proves and shows the world that there is room for AI in the space of art, unknowingly to him. As stated in the previous article, the use of these sorts of references is risky (when talking about anatomy and perception). It brings hope that some images could help.

What this shows to the world is that if you put yourself into becoming a better artist, anyone can achieve it, and develop an art style. He proves that anything is possible, and with the resources that one has at their fingertips (literally), anyone can become an artist as long as they put in the effort.