The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Books Between Kids

Books Between Kids (BBK) was recently added to Clements this year. Books Between Kids will meet on Oct. 1 at 3 p.m. in room 1134, Chriscia Jackson’s room.

“I’d like them [Books Between Kids] to raise at least 10,000 books and then donate them to several different places,” Jackson said.

Besides the sponsor’s hopes for the club, the officers themselves also have big plans, such as sophomore and BBK Co-President Emma John.

“Books Between Kids hopes to bring literature to underprivileged areas so that more people can experience the joy of books,” John said.

BBK will provide plenty of fun experiences for Clements students and opportunities to help their community.

“We provide YES hours and give out officer roles so people can have some leadership experience and do more for their community in the future,” John said.

There is much to look forward to from BBK, and their officers are especially excited for their first year.

“I’m looking forward to the volunteer events at the Books Between Kids warehouse we’re hoping to host,” sophomore and BBK Co-President Sayuri Nana said. “We also want to host book drives, and we hope we’ll get a lot of books from book drives.”

Sophomore Amira Zafar, BBK’s public relations manager, gave ideas on how to raise money and books to meet their goals.

“I think fundraisers and awareness would help raise money because everyone has books at home that they don’t read,” Zafar said.

As an officer, John said she wants to “bring more Clements students into BBK” to experience volunteering with elementary schools and hand out more leadership roles in the future.

“I really want to see what we can do with kids from Clements,” John said.