Are you your GPA?

Sneha Balaji, Reporter

High school is one of the most important parts of a person’s life. High school shapes a person to be independent hard working and prepared for college and beyond. One of the most important parts of high school is GPA. GPA is a summary of a students grades and is a basic standard that colleges use when determining acceptance into college. Your GPA is a summary of you. So the question is are you your GPA?

As Freshman Manasa Karra says that “sometimes I feel stressed and I feel that it is very bad and it affects my grades”

Stress also has an impact on a student’s studies and his or her GPA as a whole. According to a study done by the National College Health Association in the spring of 2018, 32.2 percent of people surveyed reported stress affecting their academic performance. Affected academic performance can lead to lower grades which means a lower GPA. This can lead to less rank and affect college acceptance. Your GPA is also important for determining things like college admissions and rank. According to the College Board, your grades are averaged into a Grade Point Average (GPA) So the higher the GPA and the more advanced classes that are taken the higher your GPA will be. Your rank combined with your grades, extracurricular activities, SAT scores, written statements, and letters of recommendations are factors that will determine college acceptance. You should do everything you can to increase it to ensure success in high school and beyond.