Open House and Club Night

Zachary Waxali, Reporter

As students return to school after the three-day Labor Day weekend, both students and teachers will be preparing for the annual Open House and Club Night. This will be hosted on Tuesday, Sep. 4, at 6:00 p.m.

Every year at Open House, parents are able to experience their child’s everyday schedule and walk from class to class and seeking direction assistance from the Clements staff just as students do on their first day of school.

In addition to observing the school’s interior, parents receive further insight about their child’s education.

Parents are first required to attend an assembly in the auditorium. The assembly should last 30 to 40 minutes and once completed, parents will be able to follow their child’s schedule from first period till seventh period.

Parents will spend about 10 minutes in each class and listen to teachers explain their course, syllabus, form of communication, and the rules and regulations of the classroom.

While parents are travelling from class to class, Club Night will be held in the Commons, where clubs such as Habitat for Humanity to National Honor Society have booths set up. Students will have the chance to join new clubs and organizations.

Before the event rolls around, students must make sure that they share their schedules with their parents, provide helpful directional tips, and advise them on parking. Parking traffic will become more difficult and time consuming as clocks tick towards 6:00 PM.

Students will be unable to accompany their parents to their classes, but they are welcome to travel from booth to booth in the common’s Club Night. Open House has always been a great way for parents to re-live or even experience high school for the first time.