• Come out and support CHS Football the last time this year in their Navy v. White game on Fri 5/25!!

• Final Exam schedules are now available on the CHS website for all grades, including exemption information! Let's finish strong!!

• Congratulations to Jenny Zhang and Stephen Zhang for being 2018's Valedictorian and Salutatorian, respectively!! Great job for all your hard work throughout the years!!

The Round Up

Making memories at DECA State

Ruhee Marfathia, Feature's Editor

DECA State was truly an experience that I’m sure I, along with all the other Clements and Texas DECA students, will never forget. DECA year after year continues to bring people together from all corners of the state, and while we are competitors, we are also a family.

DECA, as a whole, always gives students an amazing way to meet peers and teachers that are similar to them. The organization consists of members who are interested in the business field and are outgoing, open-hearted people. It gives us, as students, a safe place to open up and network with people we generally never would’ve meet in other circumstances.

Throughout the three days, I made new friendships, connections, and memories that I’m sure will last a lifetime.

On the first day, the opening ceremony started with an introduction to the old DECA officers and a keynote speaker. Every year at the State convention, we have a “Miracle Minute.” In one minute, we gather up all our change to donate to a cause of choice. This year, we raised over $4,000 for a local children’s hospital.

The next day was testing day. Starting at 7:00 a.m. we made our way to the most nerve-racking part of the trip: the testing hall. After testing was done, we were back to making more memories.

Later that night, we had a Casino Night. We all dressed up and met downstairs to head to a different room decorated to look like a casino. It was a night of fun and networking, and at the end of the night, we were all anticipating the closing ceremony the next day.

During the closing ceremony, we again made our way to the same place where everything started: the same hall as the opening ceremony and next to the testing hall. For the next two hours, we sat calmly waiting as they announced the 2018-2019 State DECA officers; one of which was our own Dhruv Gomber. They also announced all the State Finalists and all the winners heading to ICDC.

Now, all the State winners are looking forward to nationals, DECA ICDC, in Atlanta, Georgia coming up this April. We’re sure hundreds of other lasting friends and memories will be made there as well.