Gomber takes on DECA district officer position

Zehra Jaffari, Student Life Editor

Only a sophomore, Dhruv Gomber, is the District 3 President of DECA. DECA, an international marketing club for students that has shaped Gomber and who he has become today. Not only has DECA helped Gomber grow as an emerging entrepreneur, but it has also helped him develop speaking and leadership skills that are necessary for a successful future.

Gomber ran as District 3 President along with two other Clements DECA officers, Isha Dhawan and Mariam Imam. What Gomber did exceptionally was he first, studied for the officer test, and then prepared for the interview that was conducted by the former District 3 officer, Saif Khan, and former District 3 Vice President, Shayan Ali, both from Clements. After the interview portion, Gomber campaigned himself by presenting himself to the voting delegates and gave a speech at the District Career Development Conference. The test score, interview results, and votes from the voting delegates were all combined, and having the highest overall score against Dhawan and Imam, Gomber became District 3 President. With Dhawan and Imam as the new vice presidents, Gomber intends on contacting them on a daily basis and listen to their opinions. All in all, he wishes to combine their best talents in order to create a cooperative and successful atmosphere.

With this new position, Gomber’s responsibilities and roles vary, but overall, Gomber is actively preparing to lead District 3 and attend conferences with State officers. As District 3 President, he plans on conjoining different chapters and districts into one whole community through study sessions, conferences, spirit days, socials, and various service projects. Gomber also plans on making DECA members more connected to their district through communication between the district and chapter officers. Gomber intends on integrating the principles of DECA into a member’s life through constant support and encouragement.

In the future, Gomber wants to pursue a job in either managing or investing, especially because this year, Gomber was a winner in the Stock Market event. DECA has fueled a passion for investing in Gomber and has instilled values and skills such as leadership, providing him a new outlook on future careers. Gomber, outside of school and DECA, enjoys helping out the community by volunteering and really make an impact. He also plays tennis at Clements and plays basketball for fun, hangs out with his friends, and loves to try new places to eat in his free time.

Gomber encourages current DECA members to prepare for their specific event, make new connections and friends, while participating in DECA competitions and events, and truly enjoy the experience as a whole. In order to become a new DECA member, on the other hand, prospective members should have a solid competitive background, an eloquent speaker, diligent competitor, and have leadership and speaking skills.

Dhruv, therefore, looks ahead at his coming years of leading District 3 as a honor and an opportunity to assist to the DECA community.