Black Friday kicks off holiday season

Black Friday kicks off holiday season

Zehra Jaffari, Student Life Editor

Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving in the United States, marks the first day of traditional Christmas shopping where crowds of consumers are drawn to certain retailers for good deals and prices. This year there is an expected $4.45 billion to be made on Black Friday and Thanksgiving. Most people buy electronics, including televisions, laptops, game systems, phones, tablets, and even refrigerators. Some buy clothes, toys, games, activities, house products, and even different outdoor activity products. Black Friday 2016 will take place on November 25, with some doors opening at 12:00 am.

If the plan is to hit the stores this Black Friday, make sure to check out some headphones, including Beats, Skullcandy, and Samsung that are always the best-sellers. With headphone deals this year at retail stores such as Best Buy, Walmart, and Target, many people are expected to clear the shelves for these popular headphones. Toys for the upcoming Christmas and holiday season are on sale at Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, Babies R Us, and even Costco. LEGOs, Star Wars, Frozen, and even action figures are the top-selling toys every year, so make sure to get on these toys! Another purchase that is a steal deal on Black Friday are the purchases of laptops. This year they are expecting that most of the newest generation laptops will not be that much greater than the cost of older generation laptops. Chromebooks are expected to be around $100.00, and most customers for laptops shop at Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and the Microsoft and Dell stores.  

This year some retailers are opening on the evening of Thanksgiving day and some are expected to start at midnight or even at normal hours; whatever the time, customers will be ready for their newest electronics, gadgets, toys, and apparel. Happy shopping!