The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Mori Ichi, A Mustn’t Miss Gem

The teriyaki salmon bento box at Mori Ichi Sushi. Photo courtesy of Carol Barkouda.

Mori Ichi Sushi made its grand Sugar Land opening in 2007. Being an avid sushi lover myself, I couldn’t neglect this hidden gem, and decided to visit on March 23 of this year.

The interior of Mori Ichi Sushi. Photo courtesy of Carol Barkouda.

Upon entering, Mori Ichi is probably one of the most homey and welcoming sushi spots I have ever been to. I especially loved the relatively dim lighting, along with the Japanese-style focused architecture and themes. Located in the First Colony Marketplace along Highway 6, Mori Ichi is a very convenient place for me to get a great meal with friends and family. 

I would characterize myself as picky when it comes to sushi pricing, but I was astonished by how affordable the menu was. I recommend the teriyaki salmon bento box, or any bento box, for that matter, as it comes with a small Caesar salad, salmon filet, four large pieces of vegetable tempura, and a choice of six small California rolls, all for only $14. Furthermore, for those who want something more unique, their red dragon rolls are amazingly portioned, coming in five and seven-piece varieties, they range from  $7.95-to -$13.50, and prove to be worth the money if you desire a sushi that has all the boxes checked.

All in all, if you desire a quality sushi experience at an unbeatable price, Mori Ichi has you covered.