Clements band to be televised at Astros vs. Red Sox game

Sachika Yadav, Reporter

Sunday, April 24th, is Clements High School Night at Minute Maid Park. The Houston Astros will be taking on the Boston Red Sox. But, besides the baseball, the Clements Band will be performing on the field as a pre-game entertainment. This is a huge opportunity for them and a moment of pride for Clements high school.

This  performance, however, would not be possible without Clements’ band director, Daniel Galloway.

“I am very proud of the band, they have come a long way, and of course they still need to practice before the big game, but I know that they are very capable of making Clements proud as they have done many time before.” said Galloway

Although the band is used to performing at large events, this will be a different, exciting experience for them altogether. Mr. Galloway is proud of how far the band and color guard have come and knows that they still have a long road ahead.

“We have been practicing quite a bit, but the performance is in a few weeks, so we have time to get better.” said Galloway.

Galloway hopes to practice the band  to perfection, and because this performance will be televised, the pressure to perform to perfection is even greater.

Tickets to this event will be able to purchase for Clements faculty, students and families. The ticket prices will be available at $20, $31, and $39. These prices include all additional fees as well as tax. Proceeds will go to the Student Activity Account and the Faculty Fund. Clements has reserved only a limited amount of seats, so they will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.