The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Stars Wrapping Up

Katelyn Lam

As the Stars dance team prepares to finish kicking off their competition season, excitement is building. With flashy routines and eye-catching costumes, these girls are ready to end their showcase along with all the new things they learned. The season ended on March 2 at Tompkins High School.

By working hard all year long, learning dances and skills, and working together the Stars finished the competition season being very successful by getting first place in a lot of their competitions. The girls showed excitement with their prepared routines and bonded through dance making their dances advanced. The skills they have learned throughout the dance team and competitions have helped them in dance and school.

“I think competition this year has made me work on my time management skills and definitely helped my work ethic when it comes to school,” sophomore Star Isabel Mayo said.

Mayo’s reflection echoes a sentiment shared by many young athletes balancing extracurricular commitments with academic demands. The competitive nature of dance team seasons not only fosters growth but also cultivates crucial life skills like learning to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently, which are invaluable lessons that extend far beyond the realm of dance. The dance team spends many months of dedicated hard work to get these dances prepared for the competition season. 

“We learn the dances in the summer and tweak them all the way to winter when our season starts,” sophomore Star Amyri Spann said.

With practices nearly every day, they work on perfecting the dances and finding ways to make them better each time. Many of the officers had solos that they worked on themselves and as a group, there were a lot of lyrical and modern dances. 

“I look forward to improving and winning with my team,” Spann said.