The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Swing Forward: Clements’ Baseball Season of Growth

Lipi Shah

The baseball season kicked off on Feb. 19, and they have already won six games. The team is getting ready for more action as they continue playing until April 30. Meanwhile, they are practicing every day during 7th period, growing and improving as a team. The next upcoming baseball game takes place on March 8. 

“My dad used to play baseball so that is why I started to play,” sophomore Charlie Eberst said. “He is my inspiration and motivates me to do better in my sport and go to practice every day.” 

To keep improving, the team does many different drills. These include batting, catching, running, and strength and conditioning. On some days they run seven laps around the track in under twelve minutes.

“In my opinion, one of the most useful drills I have practiced is running,” junior Daniel Cabele said. “It helps me with endurance and getting faster at running in general.”

The players have learned to work together this year for a common goal which has helped them with winning more games. 

“One thing that stands out to me from this team is that they have a competitive spirit and fight to want to win,” baseball coach Matthew Socha said.