The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Welcoming The Class of 2028

The 2023 Ranger Camp was held on July 31 at 6 p.m. to show this year’s new Rangers around their next school for the next four years. Ranger Camp included a variety of activities, such as a club fair, a tour around the school, and even a pep rally to end the event. 

“My freshman year has been great so far,” freshman Abdullah Younes said. “I’m just trying to adjust to the new work styles now.” 

Although some freshmen are enjoying this new experience and school, others are having a hard time because of the change in workload.

“My least favorite thing about high school compared to middle school is how I have so much work in my Spanish class this year and overall classes,” freshman Abdullah Altarabulsi said.

Many freshmen have already seen the differences between high school and middle school within the past month. 

“In my opinion, the difference in high school versus middle school is the grades and the expectations here,” freshman Omar Aboughali said.

Being new to high school and fresh out of middle school isn’t always a great thing at first and has its cons.

“My least favorite thing about being a freshman is getting picked on by the upperclassman for being in the first year,” Aboughali said.

On the other hand, high school has some pros compared to middle school.

“I really like how in high school we can use our phones whenever we want to since it wasn’t allowed last year,” Altarabulsi said. “And I’m also really happy about how we leave school earlier compared to how last year we would leave at almost 4 p.m.”

However, many of these new Rangers are ready to face any problems that pass throughout this year and have their goals and career paths set out. 

“I’m looking forward to getting good grades and graduating my senior year,” Younes said. “I’d love being an engineer and going down that career path.”