The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Senior Sunrise 2023

Senior Sunrise will take place this Friday, September 1, at Ranger Field. It will be from 6:30- 7:30 a.m., and it is free for all seniors. The Student Council organizes Senior Sunrise, and it is the first senior event of the year. 

“Senior Sunrise is an annual event that STUCO hosts for seniors where the whole senior class comes together in the morning to watch the sunrise,” Student Council President Anna Wang said. “There is going to be music, food, and a senior gift.” 

Additionally, there will be breakfast, shirts, and a photo booth with backdrops for seniors to enjoy. 

“It’s mainly just about gathering together,” Student Council sponsor Ricardo Garcia said. “We’ll try to put some games out there and we’ll have some music on.” 

The Student Council took a couple of weeks to plan senior sunrise, the first step being to check the availability of the field for the proposed date. Along with this, they faced a couple of other challenges as well. 

“I think there’s always a challenge in trying to estimate how many people are going to come,” Student Council sponsor Christine Badillo said. “Senior Sunrise is free to seniors, we gladly accept donations from families, but we order breakfast, we order shirts, and so trying to have an appropriate estimate on how many to order I think is kind of a challenge.” 

Despite not being a senior but a sponsor for the club, Garcia has something that he most enjoys about Senior Sunrise. 

“I think the part that I enjoy is just actually seeing it all come together,” Garcia said. “At the end, seeing everyone having fun, taking pictures, and making those memories, I think that’s the part that makes it worth it.” 

Wang, being a senior herself, is also looking forward to senior sunrise and to celebrate with her friends. 

“I’m looking forward to hanging out with my friends at sunrise and having kind of a cute moment where we just get to relax and reminisce,” Wang said. 

Additionally, senior Laiba Karim is looking forward to reminiscing on her high school memories and “just having a fun time” at senior sunrise. 

“What I’m looking forward to most is being able to hang out with my friends all together for the last year,” senior Tina Li said.