The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Closing One Chapter to Open the Next

As this school year is coming to an end, so is the seniors’ time spent here. The class of 2024 says their final goodbyes as they graduate on May 25 at 8 a.m. after four long and hard-working years.

“I already feel the nostalgia of having to leave a place that saw me grow up,” senior Iman Khan said.

Senior Iman Khan with friends at Senior Sunrise. Photo Courtesy of Iman Khan.

Although students are now wrapping up these four memorable years and looking into what they want to do in the future, some now feel the importance of school and realize things they shouldn’t have, and should’ve done.

“If I could go back and change one thing I’ve done throughout my high school experience, I would’ve told myself to take school a lot more seriously,” senior Faris Younes said. 

Some feel focusing on school is more important, but others, like senior Vasundhara Jayender, think happiness should always be prioritized first.

“I wish I never stressed myself out too much about grades because in the end that doesn’t really matter,” Jayender said. “Focus on what you want to do and your personal passions for your own happiness.”

After everything, the class of 2024 has been through to get to where they are today, like their first few years enduring COVID and having to adapt to that, and any academic challenges they’ve had to overcome throughout these years, they still all hold many great memories together that they will always cherish as well as lessons learned—all of which will help them far into the near future.

Seniors Noor Abdou and Iman Khan in their Senior overalls. Photo courtesy of Iman Khan.

“I hope all current and incoming students live in the moment and appreciate every moment during their high school years instead of worrying about the days to come,” senior Noor Abdou said. “We only experience high school once, so live it up.”