Varsity softball seniors hope for successful season

Isabela Ferrer, Guest Writer

Picture courtesy of Clements softball

This year’s 2018 Lady Ranger softball team is excited to work together through district and make it to playoffs.

So far the rangers have played through district and are off to playoffs, and many players feel that while this year’s team is different from previous years and that the new players will add chemistry that will work to their advantage.

“I think this season will be different because it’s a completely different team. We have great team chemistry and I’m excited to see how well we can play together, ” senior four-time varsity returner Keagan Goldwait said.

Senior Caitlin Perry also reflected a similar outlook on the team this year, showing the Lady Ranger’s determination to welcome newcomers to the team and work together to help achieve their common goal of succeeding in playoffs.

“This year’s team has a lot of chemistry,” Perry said. “The freshmen are a great addition to the team and we all work really well together.”

Perry also says she is prepared to make the most of her final high school season.

“I am looking forward to spending my last season with my teammates and hopefully making it to playoffs with them,” Perry said.

The varsity team will consist of six seniors this year, and they are ready to make their last season with the program memorable.

For senior captain Keagan Goldwait, this last season marks the end of a long high school career, but she is looking forward to finishing the season successfully.

“Playing my last season of softball at Clements is memorable to me because I get to be a leader on the field and I get to finish out all the hard work and dedication these four years gave me,” Goldwait said. “I’m sad to leave this team who I’ve considered my family, but I’m ready to finish out my high school career.”