Changing course selection process

Ruhee Marfathia, Features Editor

As second semester rolls around, it’s time again for students to choose their classes for the following years. This year, the 4 Year Plan will be done on Skyward and is due on February 23th. In addition, students must turn in their yellow sheets with next years’ plan and their alternative electives to their English teacher on the same day.

The 4 Year Plan, like years in the past, is just a tentative plan for students to lay out the courses they want to take throughout their high school career. The courses the students chose this year are not set in stone. When course section time comes around next year, students will be able to change their plan in accordance with their future plans and goals.

The yellow sheets require up to three alternatives, but the counselors recommend adding more in case those three classes are full. If no alternatives are listed, or the form is not turned in, then the students will be placed into any class that is open and matches their graduation requirements.

For the student’s schedule to be completed and turned in, the students’ parents have to sign their child’s graduation plan from their own skyward account. In addition, the students have to sign their own copy and have their yellow sheets turned in by February 23th to avoid taking classes they wouldn’t want.