StuCo spreads love through “Beauty Week”

Abby Gutierrez, Editor In Chief

Cut-out hearts were made and pictures were taken as the Student Council put together the school’s annual Beauty Week. This celebration took place the week of Valentine’s Day, February 12th – 16th, in the commons during both lunches.

Student Council worked during both lunches to take pictures of students standing in front of a rose wall proudly displaying their heart that was especially made for them by the organization.  

“We cut out 2,500 hearts and put every kid’s name on them,” Student Council junior member, Ana Sobrino said. “This was so that we could reach every student and try to help them feel like they are seen at the school.”

Beauty Week encourages students to recognize their inner and outer beauty and celebrates the  uniqueness within every individual.

“It’s a week that you get to promote self-love and give love to everyone else,” Student Council sophomore member, Amulya Peri said. “And it’s just to remind you that there are people out there who appreciate and care for you.”

Another Student Council sophomore member, Hadeer Morri, said that this week is meant to create a positive atmosphere within the school and to help students realize their importance.

“We’re trying to change the negative environment, so everyone can love themselves,” she said.  “Everyone is beautiful, and people need to know that.”

Members of this organization keep this annual celebration alive to, little by little, make an “impact” on the student body, and this tradition is one that will continue at the school for many years to come.

“Beauty week is meant to be a reminder to everyone in the school that they are beautiful and that all need to do is to be themselves,” Sobrino said.