New year, new CHS

Claire Myers, Editor in Chief

Around the school, many new building renovations were added over winter break. These new renovations were discussed in an earlier article, but now they are finally built into Clements. There is a new security system, new piping, new bells and many other additional pieces added.

The new security system was added to all of the main entrances of the school. It has a new set of doors that can be locked for extra protection and opened to let people in.  Even though I know all of the schools need to have this system, it makes it feel like we are being locked in, instead of trying to lock people out. They also don’t really help the problem of people coming into the school, because there are plenty of other entrances that students, parents and visitors can come through, just with having someone open the door for them.

The new bell system is definitely something to get used to. It is hard to remember what each bell tone means in terms of tardiness and class starting.  For the first couple of days, I kept thinking the bell to release us from class, was just the bell for an announcement. Although they are very different than what I am used to, they are much more soothing and softer than the old bells that the school had.

There are many other renovations being planned to add to Clements as the year goes on. Hopefully they will be for the good of the students, and not just a task to spend money on. At least changes are being made to bring safety to our school.