Girls’ basketball season officially starts

Claire Myers, Editor In Chief

The basketball season has officially started here at Clements. Caroline Kamla, a junior on the Varsity Lady Rangers basketball team,  answered some questions about the upcoming season.

Tryouts were from October 19th to the 21st, and the basketball season lasts from November to February. All of the Lady Rangers games are on Tuesdays and Fridays. Kanika Harvey, is the varsity head coach, John Damon is the JV coach and Rebecca Sprowl is the coach for the freshman team.

“The coaches, girls and team mom are the biggest members of this organization,” said Caroline.

The Lady Rangers practice in the girls gym, and every day for practice, they do a variety of skills and running. There are about 11-15 people on each of the teams. There are many different positions to play in basketball, and Kamla plays post.   

Kamla says that she thinks varsity is going to do a lot better this year than last. She also said she enjoys being on the basketball team because it is like a family, and she loves being on the team because it’s a sport that she has loved since she was seven and wants to get better at it.

“I just feel that the team chemistry is so much better,” she said.

To find out more about the Clements Lady Rangers Basketball Team, the coaches and players are available to answer questions or go to their website chsladyhoops.weebly.com.