The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Rangers’ Eid Celebrations

After fasting for the month of Ramadan, the Muslim community celebrated Eid Al-Fitr on April 11. 

“Every year my male family members go to the mosque in the morning to pray,” sophomore Elfira Maknojiya said.  “And then once everyone’s home my whole family wishes each other an Eid Mubarak and we celebrate together.”

People have different traditions they follow. Like Elfira mentioned, some families attend the mosque to pray their Eid prayer which is very common amongst Muslims on this day. However, Eid is also a time celebrated as a family to cherish all together.

“I went out with family and friends, we spent all day together doing fun activities and had breakfast and dinner together,” sophomore Sadeen Alroumoh said. “It felt like a day full of bonding with one another which made it feel very special.”

Not only do people celebrate on this day and have fun, but some reflect on how Ramadan leading up to this special day felt. It’s a month of lessons leading up to a day of celebration which does have some people having many realizations throughout it of what they’ve learned and grown on.

“Throughout the month of Ramadan, I learned that patience is key, and to just always be grateful for what you have,” sophomore Shahed Abuhuwail said. “Eating the morning of Eid after fasting made me realize how special Ramadan felt.”

Eid is a day many look forward to because of how much value it holds, allowing people to focus their time on their religion, family, celebration, and peaceful energy overall, things that everyone may need a day full of instead of other distractions.

“The gathering of Eid and having the chance to hang out with your family all together on this special day is what makes it so valuable to me,” sophomore Zeina Elsayed said.

On the day of Eid I felt like a new person with all the lessons I learned from Ramadan.

— Elfira Maknojiya

Although many enjoy this day because of the bonds and family time incorporated into it, that’s not the only thing to be happy about. This day celebrates growth and improvement in how one acts on an everyday basis. Being so focused on religion and oneself for a month can change a person and positively impact them.

“On the day of Eid I felt like a new person with all the lessons I learned from Ramadan,” Maknojiya said. “I learned things like practicing my faith, feeling pure, being respectful towards everyone, spreading joy and love with each other and overall I gained the feeling of peace.”