The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Think Pink Pep Rally Recap

A sea of pink students cheered raucously as the senior dance officers performed their routine. Clubs and student organizations were all in attendance at the Think Pink Pep Rally on Oct. 6th. It was hosted to raise funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which helps grant wishes to children with critical illnesses. In the weeks prior to the pep rally, students were encouraged to donate to pie a faculty member in the face, with a minimum requirement of $200. On the day, students and staff were told to dress in pink. 

This year’s faculty lineup to be pied the face included Principal Shillingburg, Mr. Garcia, Mr. Russow, Ms. Barth, Coach Boagni, Ms. Badillo, Ms. Baker, and Coach Darnell. Students were looking forward to it.

“I’m going to pie Ms. Bodea!” senior and dance manager Lauren Fotso said. “We raised $1,000!”

In total, Clements High School raised $4,010 which was given in check to Ashley Osborn, the director of corporate management for Make-A-Wish.

“I’m elated!” Fotso said. “E-L-A-T-E-D. Elated!” 

The pep rally included music from the band, cheer routines, and dance numbers. 

“I’m looking forward to seeing the cheer and I’ve been watching them as they prepare so I’m excited to see the whole thing come together,” senior Ava Yzaguirre said.

After pieing faculty members, the pep rally ended with the band playing the school song and a closing performance from the cheer team.

Pictures by Juhi Godbole & Karen Wei