The student news site of Clements High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Freshman Football – Clements v Travis – 5 October 2023

With an outstanding game vs. Travis on October 5th resulting in a 21-13 win, the Freshman Football Team has proved themselves again and again! 

“The game will be a very tough, competitive, and hard-fought game,” … freshman head coach Jason Thompson said. “The team that we’re playing today is really tough, and they’ve been really power-housing the district for a couple of years. This team is gonna be very difficult to play, but we’re gonna bring everything we have to compete with them today.” 

With a TD run by #2 George Jreissaty, 2 TD passes from #3 Trey Rivera to #4 Ja’Caiden Spires, #25 Adedeji Adeolu’s interception, and an overall amazing team effort, the team came out with a strong win. 

After their incredible win tonight, the team is expecting nothing less than wins for the rest of their season. The players and Thompson shared some insights on the rest of the season. 

“With us playing with discipline, and just coming out as a team playing our best, I don’t think there’s a way we can lose the rest of the season,” said Rivera. 

“I believe we should be trending in an upward path because the kids are now understanding our system and how we play defense, what the defense is for, and who makes the tackles specifically for our defense,” Thompson said. “Offensively, they have been clicking on all cylinders, knowing their routes; and the quarterback has been hitting his receivers quite often.” 

Of course, though, every team has their challenges. 

“We have to improve a little bit on our offensive line, so our running game can become well, but as far as that, I believe that if corrected those things and practice, the season will go a lot better for us,” Thompson said. 

After seeing what the team was capable of doing on the field, I wanted to see what they had learned off the field. 

“Playing football has taught me to be a leader,” Jreissaty said. “It has taught me to be passionate about what I do.” 

“Football has taught me to be disciplined and hardworking,” freshman wide receiver Abdullah Altarabulsi said. 

“Playing football has taught me to become more of a leader, and how to work better with other people,” Rivera said. 

As the game played out, the freshman team showed that football takes a lot of dedication, determination, and courage. Overall, the Freshman Football Team has not only shown their skills and dedication to the sport but also shown us the amazing things football can teach you. 

Click here for all images

The best way to view images is on a laptop/computer

We ask that you please credit the photographer(s) when posting/sharing their photos on social media, thank you!

Photographer(s): Lipi Shah

Instagram: @lipi_shah09