Inside the 2015-2016 Volleyball Season!

September 29, 2015

The Clements High School Varsity Volleyball Team has fulfilled many of their expectations.  They finished 6-2 in district, and they made it to play-offs.

This year, as well as in the past three years, the varsity team is under the coaching of Ms. Jenny Adcock. Coach Adcock grew up playing volleyball. She started playing in 7th grade and continued throughout high school. She even played a little at A&M, located in College Station, where she attended college. Adcock began coaching in the spring of 2001 at a club volleyball program for fun and quickly fell in love with it. Because she enjoyed that year, she decided to begin coaching high school students. Shphotoe’s been coaching for the past 15 years at Stratford HS, Memorial HS, and now at Clements HS.

From her experience in coaching at Clements, Coach Adcock feels she has learned as much from the volleyball girls as they’ve learned from her. They’ve positively influenced her life throughout the past seasons.

“The girls’ hard work is inspiring to be around. They just keep trying and that keeps me trying. I try to set good examples for the girls and be the good person I want them to grow to be.” She says.

Coach Adcock has also expressed some characteristics she thinks are important for her team or any player to have such as coachability, competitiveness, persistence and the ability to try new things and be open-minded about them.

During the volleyball off-season and throughout the year, Coach Adcock is always on the lookout for new techniques and drills to bring to the upcoming season.

“It’s important to go to clinics and visit middle schools to stay up to date. I recently went to a two-day Houston Clinic in May, and that helped me develop new ideas to help the team,” said Adcock.

Coach Adcock and the team had many goals they wanted to achieve together this season. They not qualified for playoffs, but played valiantly.  Coach Adcock had faith that the team  reached some of their goals because of their good leadership, hard work, willing to learn from their mistakes and their want to fight and succeed. “Especially with this team,” Coach Adcock says, “They wanted to go out and finish with no regrets.”