Donate to Wreaths Across America

Bailey Dickerson, Reporter

It’s the holiday season, but for many people, it is a time for remembrance. Every year, families have an empty seat at the holiday dinner table for a fallen hero. Wreaths Across America is an organization that works with JROTC units to honor these men and women for the holiday season. For a donation of $15, you can sponsor a wreath for a fallen soldier’s grave.

Wreaths Across America (WAA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to remembering the people who lost their lives fighting for our freedom, honoring those who still are fighting, and teaching youth the value of freedom. Every year around the holiday season, WAA raises money to put wreaths on the graves of the fallen servicemen. This year, the Clements Navy Junior ROTC unit is hoping to raise $20,000 to help cover graves in the Houston National Cemetery. So far, they have reached 15% of their goal, and they need your help.

By donating through Clements High School NJROTC, most of the funds go to paying for and shipping the wreaths, but the remaining portion goes to the program itself. Funds that go to CHS NJROTC pay for new uniforms, new uniform devices (ribbons, ranks, name tags, etc.), new equipment, and future field trips.

The wreaths will be laid on Saturday, Dec. 15th at 11:00 am. Donations end on Oct. 31. If you would like to donate to the cause you can go to https://waahouston.donorpages.com/Wreaths2018/BaileyDickerson