Mian Accepts Challenge As New CHS Teacher

Liangston Jamesou

Clements High School has recently become home to several new teachers. One of these teachers is Ambreen Mian, who teaches regular and Pre-AP biology. Mian went to college at the University of Houston, and during that time she voluntarily tutored one-on-one with students in biochemistry, genetics, and organic chemistry. The training program for teachers at the University of Houston was extremely helpful, and helped prepare her for the job of teaching in a bigger classroom. Being a teacher is exciting for Mian, and there is a lot of change from her previous experiences tutoring during college.

“Sometimes it is more challenging to help so many people at once, however I’m happy to see all the viewpoints of each student,” said Mian. Each student is different and the larger classroom is exciting.”

Her favorite part of being a teacher is teaching students and watching them learn and grow, along with the interaction. Her least favorite part of teaching is all the documentation, such as entering grades and paperwork, and wishes she could spend more time in the classroom teaching students.

Mian said “I am really excited to teach at Clements, and everybody so far is extremely friendly and welcoming.”

She embraces the change that has happened so far, and can’t wait to continue teaching. Make sure to stop by biology room 2107 and welcome Mrs Mian to Clements!